20 Minute workouts
· Laying on your back raise right arm, then left arm, (keep palms to the ceiling) then left legs, then right leg (keep soles of feet toward ceiling)
o Emphasis on keeping elbows and knees locked out; also you want to pull toes towards nose
· Touch your right toes with your left hand, and then touch left toes with right hand.
o Emphasis on keeping your elbows and knees locked as best that you can.
· Place both hands behind your back flat on the floor; rise up by bending at waist (keep legs straight)
o Support Low back with hands and do a sit up, curling chin in and “rolling up” good posture at end.
· From that position raise up at waist, rotate and high five left then right
o After “roll up with good posture finish” stretch arm straight in front of you and rotate it to your opposite side as far as you can reach, twisting shoulders. Repeat other side.
· Lay flat on back with arms extended overhead, curl left leg under right knee, and push down with your right heel so that your hips rise. Repeat with right leg under left knee.
· On your belly with arms extended, raise one arm then one leg then both arms then both arms and both legs
o Emphasis on keeping elbows and knees locked out
· Prone Press up progressed into a plank position, extend left arm and right leg, repeat other side
o Prone press up is a push up however, your hip bones (in the front) do not leave the floor
o Plank: You could either hold plank for 30 seconds or progress to harder version of opposite arm/leg extension. Caution that a proper plank had as tight buttock, core and forearms are pushing back while toes are pushing forward.
· Plank raise right hand to ceiling, repeat other side, rotate shoulders so they are stacked (i.e. moving into a side plank without changing feet.
· Plank put right hand on your neck and rotate elbow towards ceiling, and repeat other side.
o Similar idea as above but with hand behind neck vs. out stretched towards ceiling.
· Star fish plank: shift weight onto right forearm ; then left ; Shift weight onto the right foot then left foot
o Weight shifting onto all 4 points of contact with floor.
· In a push up position plank reach under and across behind other elbow as far as you can, alternate sides.
· Simple pushups.
· Kneeling with your back straight, sit back on you heels then raise back up into kneeling, repeat 6 times,
· Kneeling position put both arm straight in front of your chest with palms as if touching a wall, rotate down and across toward your left calf or ankle; alternate sides.
· Kneeling position and sitting on your heels reach out in front over your shoulder, palms up, rise toward ceiling, do both sides.3
o Push palms as far as you can towards the ceiling.
· From kneeling position with a straight back bring right foot in front of left knee as if you were on a balance beam; alternate sides.
· Kneeling hip flexor stretch from the kneeling position
o Kneeling on (L) knee, step forward with (R) foot and do a kneeling lunge. Squeeze buttocks and feel the stretch on the front of hip.
· Calf stretches
o Drop heel off of step or golf cart. Perform with knee locked out and slightly bent or unlocked.
· Tall kneeling twists both with arms in front of you rotating right and left; then perform with arms behind head (prisoner).
· Perform kneeling on both knees, then follow with kneeling on one knee at a time twisting into the front knee.
· Standing, reverse toe touches: Bend down at knees and grab your toes then straighten your knees 4 reps.
· Standing toe touches. (just like it sounds; keep knees straight bend down and touch your toes)
· Palms together in front of chest and do 10 squats quickly.
· Standing lunges
o Lunges are performed with knees over toes and knees and hips aligned i.e. step out to the side a bit vs in stride.
· Standing lunges with arms out like you are touching a wall, lunge with rotation (twist)
o Repeat with hands behind neck.
· Multi-directional lunges i.e. right side/left side and diagonal backwards
· Calf/ heel raises.
· Quadriceps stretches.
Stronger Than Your Life Style
TPI 20 Minute Warm up
1. TPI SUPINE 2.AVI http://youtu.be/6BtrL9iTcvE
2. TPI PRONE 2.AVI http://youtu.be/RyxkVoYKPVc
3. TPI KNEELING2.AVI http://youtu.be/dp4p732U2Nk
4. TPI STANDING 2.AVI http://youtu.be/c6n5XAIatic
REPS: 3-5 of each
Stretches hold 20- 30 seconds of each
Kneeling and standing with good torso pillar
Perform daily and before practice/match